SDL will complete a unified County wide digital parcel map based on the National Standard for Spatial Data Accuracy (NSSDA) and in consideration of the procedures utilized by municipalities in the completion of currently available digital parcel maps.
Preparation of the unified County wide parcel map will be in accordance with the following steps:
- Utilize the available 2007-2008 Digital orthophotography of New Jersey in State Plane Coordinate System (NAD83) or other available orthophotography of Essex County (of similar or better accuracy standards) as a standard to organize and control the County wide parcel map.
- Obtain (through County agreements under Phase 1) available digital data including parcel maps and tax maps for municipalities where such data has been developed. Rectify the digital data to the orthophotography standard. Existing digital parcel maps will be revised to the standard where required. Digital tax maps will be used to control the overall map where available.
- Prepare new digital parcel maps for municipalities where available digital data does not include either parcel maps or tax maps (see attached Plate). The new parcel maps will be based on the municipal tax map data – organized around the orthophotograph standard. Individual lot line dimensions will follow the data shown on the tax maps or modified as necessary to reflect real spatial data as shown on the orthophotography – without the need for further deed or map research. Existing road right of ways or municipal boundaries (as shown on the tax maps) will be used to organize the lot data.
- Update existing parcel maps to reflect changes and revisions since they were prepared including new merged or split lots. Condominium units will be addressed in a unified manner over the County.
- Utilizing GIS software, MOD IV tax data will be linked to all parcels by municipality. SDL will maintain a summary – by municipality of any linking issues and will provide the summary to each municipality; work with each municipality to rectify the linking issues and modify the unified parcel map where required to reflect resolution provided by the municipality.
- Provide a final unified digital parcel map to the County.
The following qualifications are offered in conjunction with the Scope of Work:
- SDL will utilize the municipal boundary as shown on the existing tax maps as a basis for the preparation of the base map. SDL will either end parcels at the municipal border. The municipality will be advised of all inconsistencies in the municipal boundary as the inconsistencies are identified and final rectification will consider MOD IV linking issues.
- SDL will include all updates to the municipal tax maps (to prepare the updated parcel map) provided prior to the start of work. All updates occurring after the start of work will be included in the parcel map as a revision under ongoing parcel map maintenance as separately authorized work.
The link here is a Google Maps Viewer for the review of the parcel maps. One we have finalized the boundary issues from the towns, we will provide the GIS Parcel maps back to each of the towns.
The following links are for each towns review. The links are password protected. Passwords will be given to each assessor for review with their respective towns. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these.
- Cedar Grove
- East Orange
- Essex Fells
- Glen Ridge
- North Caldwell
- South Orange
- West Caldwell
- West Orange