SDL has just released the latest version of the SDL Portal. With this release, we are introducing two new features, along with a handful of small fixes and improvements. In addition to these improvements, some behind-the-scenes work has been done, in order to integrate the Portal with the new SDL Citizen App.
Following up on the new features of the last release, we have added custom text fields for permit and inspection email notifications. This will allow for town-specific information such as phone numbers, addresses or other important notes to be added to the Permit Status emails, the Inspection Status emails and the Inspection Reminder Emails. You will need to go to the new Town Admin/Notifications section under Settings in order to configure your text.
Additionally under the new Notifications area, you will see Town Alerts, one of our new features. Town Alerts is a simple Alert messaging system for your town’s portal users. You can choose to display an alert on the portal Alert page and in the new embedded Alert widget, as well as send that Alert as a notification to your town’s portal users. Contact the Support team for more information on this feature.
Portal Help Widget
To provide more targeted assistance to portal users, we have added a new Help widget that will appear in the lower right hand corner of all portal pages, previously where the Support option existed. The Help widget defaults to displaying page-specific questions and answers that reflect your town’s current settings, such as whether or not inspections can be scheduled online.
In addition, for most questions you can provide custom contact information by phone or email and a url link for more information. You can even provide your own custom answers if the default are not applicable to your town. Additionally, if our questions do not cover all of your specific frequently asked questions, you have the ability to add your own custom questions and answers to better serve your portal users.
We have found that many questions cannot be fielded by our support team and require a town official to provide specific help for that user. By adding custom contact information or answers for these specific questions, portal users will need to take fewer steps in order to find the answers they are looking for.
Town Admin Updates
- Town Alerts – see above for details
- Custom FAQ/Help – see above for details
- Last Saved Logging – Added logging for updates and changes to portal settings. Last Saved log is displayed on the Town Admin/Main Activity page
- Integrated upload process to custom branded images
- Added banner header option for Search and Request page
- Added url for permit, requests, inspection to sms text notifications
- Added custom text for permit and inspection emails
- Added complaints public access complaint type settings – currently for Citizen App integration only
Property Page Updates
- Added stand alone acreage field
- Added Fire Preplan redaction of owner, tenant data when owner data redaction is configured
- Inspection Request – Invalid permit numbers listed but no longer selectable from search
- Fixed text display issue with white headers on permit, property and inspection pages
The SDL Citizen app has been released!
- Manage permits, schedule inspections, report issues and much more!
- SDl Citizen and future portal updates are at the core of how we envision transforming the municipal-citizen relationship
- Please contact SDL Support about preparing your town for app access (most features are turned off by default)
- Much more information to come in the near future!